Experience the Thrill of Flying!
The Recreational Pilot Permit (RPP) program will train students to fly single-engine, piston-powered and non-high performance airplanes designed with a maximum of four seats. An RPP can upgrade to a Private Pilot License which in turn can be upgraded to a Commercial Pilot License. Most students will require more than the minimum 25 hours of flight training to complete their RPP. Although ground school is not required, we suggest taking the Private Pilot Ground School course. The RPP is the most economic way to fly certified airplanes. *Training is also available in owner-aircraft.
- FLY FOR FUN!
- FLY IN CANADA
- ONE PASSENGER
- DAY-TIME FLYING IN GOOD WEATHER
- FLY CERTIFIED AIRPLANES, HOMEBUILTS OR ULTRALIGHTS WITH A MAXIMUM OF FOUR SEATS
- EASY TO UPGRADE TO PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE
- 16 YEARS
- CLASS 4 MEDICAL DECLARATION SIGNED BY YOUR FAMILY PHYSICIAN
- THE PRIVATE PILOT GROUND SCHOOL INSTRUCTION INCLUDES:
- AERONAUTICAL GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- GROUND SCHOOL AVAILABLE IN CLASS, ONLINE OR TAILORED SUPERVISED HOME STUDY
- YOU MUST PASS A WRITTEN EXAM WITH A PASS OF AT LEAST 60%
- STUDY & REFERENCE GUIDE - RECREATIONAL PERMIT - AEROPLANE: Study and Reference Guide
- YOU NEED A MINIMUM OF 25 HOURS OF FLIGHT TRAINING INCLUDING:
- NOT LESS THAN 5 HOURS SOLO
- AT LEAST 15 HOURS DUAL FLIGHT TIME WITH AN INSTRUCTOR
- INCLUDING AT LEAST 2 HOURS X-COUNTRY TIME
- PASS A FLIGHT TEST TO ENSURE YOU MEET THE REQUIRED STANDARD OF SKILL
- FLIGHT TEST GUIDE - RECREATIONAL PERMIT - AEROPLANE: Flight Test Guide
HOURS RATES COSTS C172 Dual 20 $155 $3,100 C172 Solo 5 $115 $575 Ground School (optional) 40 $300 Perpatory Ground School Instruction 12 $40 $480 Flight Test Fees - Airplane Rental 2 $115 $230 Flight Test Fee $250 Examiner Travel Fee $130 English Proficiency Test $50 Written Exam Fee $175 License Fee $30 Pilot Supplies (tax included) $305 Total (plus applicable taxes) $5,625